qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/28] ppc-for-2.6 queue 20160125

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/28] ppc-for-2.6 queue 20160125
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 14:36:12 +0100

  Hi,

> Hmm.  Is there a HOWTO for setting up a 32-bit container?  Containers
> aren't something I've had the time to become familiar with so far.

systemd-nspawn manpage has a few examples in the examples section (and
is worth reading anyway).

For fedora it boils down to "yum/dnf --installroot=/dest/dir
groupinstall core", possibly with --config $cfgfile where you list your
repos in $cfgfile, especially when installing fedora on rhel so you
don't want the host repos.

Use "systemd-nspawn -D /dest/dir passwd" to set the root password,
otherwise you can't login.  Boot with "systemd-nspawn -bD /dest/dir".
With --bind you can make host directories visible within the container.

For debian there is debootstrap which you can use (is packaged for
fedora and epel too).

Alternatively you can fetch a cloud image and run that.

HTH,
  Gerd