qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Running PPC Mac OS X Tiger Apps via Qemu on El Capitan

From: Gabriel Diggs
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Running PPC Mac OS X Tiger Apps via Qemu on El Capitan
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 06:52:30 -0800

Hello,
I’m trying to get my head around running a PPC App created to run on OS X 10.4 Tiger on El Capitan 10.11.3. I came across Qemu as a possible solution. The app in question is Traktor DJ Studio 3. It’s a Midi and Audio intensive app so latency has to be very low and it needs to be able to communicate seamlessly with a USB linked midi controller. Is it possible to wrap the app in a Tiger flavored Qemu similar to wrapping a Windows app in Wine in El Capitan? If so can you direct me to easy to read instructions to get everything setup?

Cheers,
Gabriel