qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Memory on stellaris board

From: Aurelio Remonda
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Memory on stellaris board
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2016 13:55:48 -0300

El 5 feb. 2016 1:24 PM, "Peter Maydell" <address@hidden> escribió:
On 5 February 2016 at 16:09, Aurelio Remonda
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello, im working on this feature right now.
> i have a working patch but maybe I can make some changes to make it look better:
> for example in some point i check ram_size like this:
> if (ram_size == 0x8000000)
> Maybe if i make ram_addr_t default_ram_size global (is a local
> variable of set_memory_options function)
> i can use it instead of hardcoded 0x8000000.

No, don't do that.

Why do you care about whether the ram size is the default or not?

thanks
-- PMM

Im making something like this:

    if (ram_size == 0x8000000)  /* default value, means whitout -m flag */
   {
    sram_size = ((board->dc0 >> 18) + * 1024;
    }
  else if (ram_size >= UINT_MAX) /* more than 4GB */
  sram_size = UINT_MAX;
  else
  sram_size = ram_size

So in case someone does not use the -m flag i want to be sure the ram is

calculated like it was before.

If the flag is indeed used you have a limit given by the size of sram_size (32 bits)

in that case if you try using the -m option with a size greater than 4GB you will always get a

4GB (4294967296 to be precise).