qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] sda abort with virtio-scsi

From: Jim Minter
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] sda abort with virtio-scsi
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 20:02:00 +0000

Again FWIW:

No recurrence of the SCSI abort notices since increasing the timeout, but still getting guest userspace lockups. Guest kernel logs show RCU "detected stalls" messages and triggering NMIs across the CPUs. These consistently indicate CPU 2 sitting in the CFS scheduler via the timer interrupt, appearing to make some progress (i.e. RIP changes over time), and the other CPUs all sitting idle. Although the guest kernel keeps going and logging these issues out, none of the guest userspace processes make any progress at all over several hours.

I'm upgrading to the QEMU version shipped with RHEV (qemu-kvm-rhev-2.3.0-31.el7_2.7) to see if that helps - so far so good. My best guess is that there's a missing bugfix in the RHEL 7 qemu 1.5.3 codebase, but which is fixed upstream and in the RHEV QEMU release.

Cheers,

Jim