qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Help Needed Regarding Address Translation in User Mode Emul

From: junaidaslam1
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Help Needed Regarding Address Translation in User Mode Emulation
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 09:53:27 -0700 (MST)

Dear Sir,

I am looking for help regarding address translation in user mode emulation.
I intend to grab the address from where a function is called after its
original address from ".exe" is translated.

For Example, in my sample program when a certain function is called 30
times, that is called from the address 0x00008440, i would like to know that
after translation of this function call what is the new address from which
every time is function is called.. It must be a new address since the
function call is translated in the host binary. And how can i find relation
between original address, 0x00008440, and new address after translation. I
also have to do the same task for Load/Store operations.

Any help will be really appreciated. I am really stuck in this issue.. I am
doing everything in user mode emulation.

Regards:
Junaid