qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] IVSHMEM support on qemu-system-arm

From: sridhar kulkarni
Subject: [Qemu-devel] IVSHMEM support on qemu-system-arm
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 15:05:49 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I am working on a requirement where I need to have shared memory IPC between two guest VM's running different OS. Both VM's use vexpress-A9 boards. I came across the "ivshmem" implementation and have some questions. Whether the "ivshmem" implementation can be used on qemu-system-arm? I understand that "ivshmem" device is a PCI device and require PCI bus to connect to. Does vexpress board support this kind of arrangement?

Regards
Sridhar