qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] proposed schedule for 2.6 release

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] proposed schedule for 2.6 release
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 19:06:15 +0000

On 2 February 2016 at 15:45, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
> I've sketched out some proposed dates for QEMU 2.6's
> release schedule (also at http://wiki.qemu.org/Planning/2.6)

> That would put softfreeze just three weeks away. Should we shove
> all the dates forward a week?

Deafening lack of feedback, so I'm going to do what suits me
personally best, and move the dates forward a week. That means:

2016-03-01 Soft feature freeze.
2016-03-29 Hard feature freeze. Tag -rc0
2016-04-05 Tag v2.6.0-rc1
2016-04-12 Tag v2.6.0-rc2
2016-04-19 Tag v2.6.0-rc3
2016-04-26 Tag v2.6.0

Advance warning: I don't want to slip into May if we can avoid it,
so I'm likely to be strict about letting things into the various
rcs. Please get your code and pull requests in *early*, not late,
or you may find they are too late!

thanks
-- PMM