qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] osdep.h header changes now applied to master

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: [Qemu-devel] osdep.h header changes now applied to master
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 13:46:20 +0000

Hi; I've now applied the set of osdep.h related header changes to
master, which in particular includes the commit which causes
qemu-common.h not to include osdep.h.

If you have any patch series in flight or out of tree code that adds
a new source file and that new source file doesn't include osdep.h itself
then commit 90ce6e2644db2c4 will likely result in it failing to compile.
The fix is simple: add #include "qemu/osdep.h" as the first #include in
the new file.

For submaintainers: I will do my best to fix up failures in merging
pull requests due to this in the merge commit, but you would make my
task easier if you can rebase on 90ce6e2644db2c4 or later and check
for any compilation issues.

More generally, it's possible that some breakage may happen in bits
of the system I'm not able to compile test and which weren't handled
by the scripts/clean-includes script. If you run into anything then
apologies in advance, and let me know and I'll fix things.

I have some minor followup cleanups to do still, but this should be
the last of the "affects everything in the tree" changes.

thanks
-- PMM