qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Memory on stellaris board

From: Aurelio Remonda
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Memory on stellaris board
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 11:12:18 -0300

I don't quite understand what you mean with non-round-number, are you suggesting
we only accept for example:
64K-128K-256K-512K-1024k(or 1M)-2048K(or 2M)
4096K(or 4M)-8192K(or 8M)-16384K(or 16M)
If that's the case we will never have, for example, the exact default
dc0 value (0x00ff007f)
because you need to divide the given size by 1024 reverting what the
prefix (K or M) have
done and then multiply this value by 1000.

So in the case of the default value 0xff00=65280 will become
0xfaf9=64249 and goes
directly to dc0. Then the sram_size would be just ram_size and not a
value calculated
based on dc0.

Again the problem of this es that you will never get the manual
default dc0 value even if
you run the program without the -m flag.

Thanks

--
Aurelio Remonda

Taller Technologies Argentina