qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Memory on stellaris board

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Memory on stellaris board
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2016 05:31:58 +0700

On 11 March 2016 at 21:12, Aurelio Remonda
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I don't quite understand what you mean with non-round-number, are you
> suggesting
> we only accept for example:
> 64K-128K-256K-512K-1024k(or 1M)-2048K(or 2M)
> 4096K(or 4M)-8192K(or 8M)-16384K(or 16M)
> If that's the case we will never have, for example, the exact default
> dc0 value (0x00ff007f)

What I am suggesting is that we should accept the memory
sizes which correspond to what can be represented in dc0
(which presumably correspond to possible real hardware
configurations) and not any memory sizes which can't be
represented by a dc0 value.

> because you need to divide the given size by 1024 reverting what the
> prefix (K or M) have
> done and then multiply this value by 1000.

I don't know what you mean here, because ram_size is given
to the board code as a value in bytes. The M and K prefix
stuff is just user convenience when they specify values on
the command line.

thanks
-- PMM