qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Timer interrupts for -M raspi2

From: Antonio Huete Jiménez
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Timer interrupts for -M raspi2
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 22:39:50 +0000

Hi,

I am experiencing what I think it's an issue with -M raspi2 and interrupts in a baremetal application.

According to this document (https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/hardware/raspberrypi/bcm2836/QA7_rev3.4.pdf), and if I understood it correctly, you can enable timer interrupts for core0 by setting bit 0 at 0x40000040 and you can trigger them by using the ARM Generic Timer.

With this procedure I can reliably trigger that timer interrupt in the real hardware by setting CNTP_CTL and CNTP_TVAL but on qemu it doesn't seem to be triggered.

Can somebody please tell me what I might be doing wrong?

Let me know if any piece of information is missing.

Many thanks,
Antonio Huete