qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Timer interrupts for -M raspi2

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Timer interrupts for -M raspi2
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 10:05:08 +0000

On 16 March 2016 at 23:40, Andrew Baumann <address@hidden> wrote:
> Yes, that should work. Bits 0 and 3 are wired up to what qemu refers to as
> GTIMER_PHYS and GTIMER_VIRT respectively. (The other two timers aren't
> currently connected; I can't remember if that's because they weren't
> modelled by core QEMU when I was implementing the device model, or just
> because I wasn't sure how to route them and never came back to fix it.)

Probably we hadn't got round to modelling the other two timers yet.
You want
 GTIMER_PHYS -> cntpnsirq
 GTIMER_VIRT -> cntvirq
 GTIMER_HYP -> cnthpirq
 GTIMER_SEC -> cntpsirq

Currently we have the virt timer wired up right but we've connected the
phys timer to the secure-phys-timer interrupt line, which will be why
it doesn't appear to work. The code in hw/arm/bcm2836.c:bcm2836_realize()
needs fixing.

thanks
-- PMM