qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu/ipxe DHCP client identifier

From: Peter Lieven
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu/ipxe DHCP client identifier
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 08:10:07 +0100

Hi,

is there a way to set the DHCP client identifier that iPXE uses?

The issue I face is that each client gets 2 IP addresses assigned.
One for iPXE which sends a client identifer derived from the MAC
address. The second is assigned to ipconfig in initrd which uses
no client identifier.

Assigning an IP while ignoring the client identifier is not standard
conform altough an option to ignore it was inserted in one of the
latest ISC dhcp servers, but I would like to avoid the need to compile
the latest version by hand and/or being non standard conform.

Peter