qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] How to determine Q-id in VHOST_USER_SET_LOG_BASE in a Multi

From: shesha Sreenivasamurthy (shesha)
Subject: [Qemu-devel] How to determine Q-id in VHOST_USER_SET_LOG_BASE in a Multi-Q setup ?
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 23:54:36 +0000

Hi All,
I’m implementing VM migration support for open-VPP, an open source Vector Packet Processing (VPP) technology (https://wiki.fd.io/view/VPP) — A Linux foundation project. In lieu of it, I have hit an issue and I need some clarification.

In Qemu’s vhost-user implementation, each queue is treated as a vhost-net device and during migration, vhost_user_set_log_base is invoked per device (queue). However, there is no information about the queue index in the API. How should the slave determine which queue the master is referring to ?

For example: If I have configured my guest with 4 queues, VHOST_USER_SET_LOG_BASE is invoked 4 times with different SHMFDs. How to map SHMFD to queue ID ?

--
- Thanks
char * (*shesha) (uint64_t cache, uint8_t F00D)