qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] About PC_COMPAT

From: Dr. David Alan Gilbert
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] About PC_COMPAT
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 12:06:11 +0000

* 佘旻 (address@hidden) wrote:
> I find PC_COMPAT_X_Y macros in file pc.h, and I don't understand why the
> smaller is the X_Y the more the devices defined? Can someone explain? Thanks!

It's because they're the difference from the current version - so the older
the version the more differences.
So PC_COMPAT_2_5 has no differences, PC_COMPAT_2_4 is 2_5's differences (none)
plus a handful of CPU differences.  The PC_COMPAT_2_3 is PC_COMPAT_2_4's
differences
plus a bunch of differences that went in between 2.3 and 2.4.

Dave