qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Unable to boot ubuntu 14.04 on qemu with raspi support

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Unable to boot ubuntu 14.04 on qemu with raspi support
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 20:27:51 +0000

On 24 March 2016 at 20:15, Vincenzo Calabrò <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi!
> I'm still trying to run an ubuntu image (14.04) with qemu.
>
> http://pastebin.com/TymAhZq0
>
> As you can see,
>
> [    6.790830] bcm_power: Broadcom power driver
> [    6.796113] bcm_power_open() -> 0
> [    6.797978] bcm_power_request(0, 8)
>
> there is still some sort of power management problem which
> stops the boot.
>
> Any prevision of when the RPI2 support will be complete?

At this point, given it's likely "completely missing
device emulation for the power control" and we're about
five days away from hardfreeze for 2.6, I would expect
that we won't fix this for QEMU 2.6.

When this gets fixed later is uncertain. You could help
by testing whether the out-of-tree raspi branch works for
you, as Andrew suggested.

thanks
-- PMM