qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] segmentation fault in object.c:type_initialize_interfac

From: Liviu Ionescu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] segmentation fault in object.c:type_initialize_interface() if interface not defined
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2016 20:56:30 +0300

> On 03 Apr 2016, at 20:01, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> ... This is you changing QEMU to not compile a file that was
> previously always compiled. If you do that then it's
> not surprising if things might break when you move to an
> upstream version, that's all.

well, to summarise, I notified you that in certain conditions, due to an
non-obvious dependency that does not break the build when not met, the existing
code crashes at run time with a segmentation fault, and I suggested that an
assert might help developers to save some debugging time.

if you want to add this assert, ok; if you don't, and prefer to permanently
blame my fork for various reasons, it's also fine, I don't mind, I fix it in my
fork and move forward.

regards,

Liviu