qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] MTTCG Sync-up call today? Agenda items?

From: Alex Bennée
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] MTTCG Sync-up call today? Agenda items?
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 14:38:44 +0100

Alex Bennée <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> It's been awhile since we synced-up with quite weeks and Easter out of
> the way are we good for a call today?
>
> Some items I can think would be worth covering:

Well it mostly seemed to be me talking but here are my notes:

  - LL/SC Patch Status (Alvise)
    - v8 will be posted this week, follow-up MTTCG due
      - will require async_safe_work
      - AJB will post his revised re-based safe work series
  - Linaro's approach going forward (Alex)
    - Take the uncontroversial clean-ups, push the upstream (mostly Sergey)
    - Provide a common set of base patches (enables MTTCG but not arch support)
    - (ADDED) Deferred work patches, needed separately for LL/SC MTTCG work
    - Following up with individual architecture enabling series (ARMv7, v8,
onwards)
  - Memory ordering work (Alex)
    - Several applicants to proposed GSoC project
    - Will move forward once Google confirm funding
  - Emilio's work
    - Emilio is back working on MTTCG, based on common base-patches
    - Others have seen his QHT proposals, review feedback from TCG devs looks
good
  - TCG Maintainers view
    - Not had much feedback on later series, Alex will reach out
  - Timescales
    - Linaro is committed to having all major work on list by KVM Forum 2016
    - Hopefully by KVM Forum we can work on roadmap to merging
    - Alex will be there, too early for most of the others to confirm
  - Any other business
    - Mark commented it was nice to see things moving forward again ;-)

--
Alex Bennée