qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC v3] virtio-crypto specification

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC v3] virtio-crypto specification
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 16:23:48 +0100

On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 08:37:13AM +0000, Gonglei (Arei) wrote:
> 1.6.1.1 Driver Requirements: Session operation
> The driver MUST set the control type with VIRTIO_CRYPTO_CTRL_CREATE_SESSION
> before the request is preceded by an operation header when executing session
> creation:

Based on the text I guess you need the following to create a session:
struct session_create {
    struct virtio_crypto_sym_ctlhdr ctlhdr; /* OUT */
    struct virtio_crypto_sym_session_op session_op; /* OUT */
    struct virtio_crypto_sym_session_op_inhdr inhdr; /* IN */
};

Please show the full C struct so the spec is clear on how to lay out the
request.  The same applies for other operations.

> 1.6.2.1 Steps of encryption Operation
> Both controlq and dataq virtqueue are bidirectional.

Virtqueues are always "bidirectional" so this sentence doesn't mean
anything.  It can be dropped.