qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] MTTCG Sync-up call today?

From: Alex Bennée
Subject: [Qemu-devel] MTTCG Sync-up call today?
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 10:53:08 +0100

Hi,

We are due to have a sync-up call today but I don't think I'll be able
to make it thanks to a very rough voice courtesy of my
petri-dishes/children. However since the last call:

 * Posted final parts of the MTTCG patch set
 * Lots of reviews

Please welcome Pranith to the group who is participating as a GSoC
student. His project will be looking at the modelling of memory barriers
in MTTCG.

My plan for the next week is look in more detail at the tb_find_fast
lock breaking patch. I had to drop it from the original series due to
regressions but it has a massive effect on performance that means it
needs sorting. I'll probably start re-building a tree with Emilio's QHT
patches included which will allow for lockless lookups in the fast path
and then start re-basing the enabling and ARMv7 patches on top of that.

I'll also do another review pass of Alvise' LL/SC patches but a fresh
pair of eyes on them will be appreciated.

Alvise, how are you doing with the MTTCG version?

--
Alex Bennée