qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-discuss] iolimits for virtio-9p

From: Alberto Garcia
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-discuss] iolimits for virtio-9p
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 14:08:14 +0200

On Tue 19 Apr 2016 02:09:24 PM CEST, Pradeep Kiruvale wrote:

> We are planning to implement the io-limits for the virtio-9p driver
> i.e for fsdev devices.
> So, I am looking into the code base and how it has done for the block
> io devices.
>
> I would like to know how difficult is this and is there some one out
> there who has any plan to do this?

Hi,

as Stefan said already, the common API is in throttle.h.

It should be generic enough to be used in other parts of QEMU, but tell
me if you feel that it needs changes.

Once you configure the throttling settings you essentially only need to
call throttle_schedule_timer() to see if a request needs to be
throttled, and afterwards throttle_account() to register the I/O that
has been peformed.

You'll see that there's also throttle-group.c, but that's specific to
the block layer and not meant to be generic.

Berto