qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu_chr_open_pipe

From: Tim Sander
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu_chr_open_pipe
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 10:57:07 +0200

Hi

> I would like to try to connect some serial hardware simulation to a standard
> serial port within qemu. Everything should run within qemu.
I found the answer and just to make the people happy using search engines
here is the answer:

There are backends which already implement serial hardware. They can be found
under backends/. Especially msmouse.c and baum.c realize serial hardware which
give a nice example how to connect to a qemu system.

qapi-schema.json needs to be adaped similar to msmouse. And i guess the
function qemu_chr_parse_compat in qemu-char.c needs also a new strcmp matching
the new device name. qemu-options.hx also seems to need some changes.

Currently unclear is to me is how the argument parsing callback works and how
serial_hds should be replaced by properties? Any pointers are welcome.

Best regards
Tim