qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] ipxe and arm

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: [Qemu-devel] ipxe and arm
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 15:03:52 +0200

  Hi,

ipxe gained support for arm and aarch64 efi platforms.  So we could add
support to our nic pci roms with the next ipxe update.

But: The question is whenever that makes sense in the first place.
Support for virtio-net is in edk2, so that is covered already.  The
other pci nics are not, but given that virtio-net predates arm
virtualization all guests should be able to handle virtio-net just fine.
And I doubt anybody seriously prefers rtl8139 or e1000 over virtio-net
unless the lack of guest driver support mandates it ...

Comments anyone?

cheers,
  Gerd