qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Nbd] [PULL 23/28] nbd: always query export list in fix

From: Richard W.M. Jones
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Nbd] [PULL 23/28] nbd: always query export list in fixed new style protocol
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 16:58:20 +0100

On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 09:52:30AM -0600, Eric Blake wrote:
> so it might be nicer to
> make a change to the protocol document that instead permits current
> nbdkit behavior and puts the burden on clients to interoperate when
> NBD_OPT_LIST is not supported.

The purpose of nbdkit is to be a server for qemu, to be a replacement
for qemu-nbd in cases where proprietary code cannot be combined with
qemu for copyright/licensing/legal reasons.  So we aim to make sure we
can interoperate with qemu.  No need to change any standards for
nbdkit!  Clarifying standards documents is OK though.

Rich.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW