qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] ARM Cortex R5 + VFP3

From: Karthik
Subject: [Qemu-devel] ARM Cortex R5 + VFP3
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 18:37:00 +0530

Hi,

I am working on adding support for a Spansion microcontroller which has an
Cortex R5 core + VFP3 co processor.

I have added the below line
set_feature(&cpu->env, ARM_FEATURE_VFP3)
to cortex_r5_initfn at /target-arm/cpu.c

But, still I got undefined exception when the processor encountered any VFP
instructions.

To get around the error, I had to enable code protected by CONFIG_USER_ONLY.

Specifically in arm_cpu_reset, where
the bits 20 to 24 are set in env->cp15.cpacr_el1 and
env->vfp.xregs[ARM_VFP_FPEXC] = 1 << 30.

I am sure there is correct way to do things. I'm new to qemu.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Best regards,
Karthik