qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu -nographics option

From: David Craven
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu -nographics option
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2016 16:22:21 +0200

Hello qemu devs,

I previously asked this question on stack overflow but didn't get an
answer, so I thought I'd ask here:

Stdio doesn't show in qemu with the -nographic option.
This is my qemu invocation. It prints hello world when
using `-serial stdio` but only displays kernel output when
using `-nographic`. (From the docs I gather these two are
mutually exclusive options)

```
    qemu-system-arm \
        -kernel zImage \
        -append "\
            console=ttyAMA0,115200 console=tty highres=off console=ttyS0 \
            rdinit=/bin/static-hello \
            panic=1" \
        -initrd rootfs.cpio.gz \
        -dtb vexpress-v2p-ca9.dtb \
        -M vexpress-a9 \
        -m 512 \
        -nographic \
        -no-reboot
```

How do I get this to work with the `-nographic` option?

David