qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Regarding the status of Gluster's multi volfile server

From: Jeff Cody
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Regarding the status of Gluster's multi volfile server patches
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 08:36:14 -0400

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 03:27:55PM +0530, Prasanna Kalever wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can someone please help me in tracking the QAPI changes for union
> discriminator addition,
> the below [1] gluster related patches are awaiting from very long,
> because of the dependency with QMP design changes.
>
> These patches [1] also stuck changes in libvirt/vdsm. It will be
> really helpful for us, if someone can suggest what can be done to
> accept this patches as early as possible.
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> [1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2016-03/msg06324.html

Hi Prasanna,

The last I know, as of v15 / v16, is that the libvirt team (Eric Blake)
still has outstanding concerns on the QAPI interface.

Eric, are your concerns regarding the API for this series still outstanding,
or is this something you'd be comfortable supporting in libvirt with the
current proposed interface?

Thanks,
Jeff