qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Regarding the status of Gluster's multi volfile server

From: Prasanna Kalever
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Regarding the status of Gluster's multi volfile server patches
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 12:34:28 +0530

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 3:30 AM, Eric Blake <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 06/14/2016 06:36 AM, Jeff Cody wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 03:27:55PM +0530, Prasanna Kalever wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Can someone please help me in tracking the QAPI changes for union
>>> discriminator addition,
>>> the below [1] gluster related patches are awaiting from very long,
>>> because of the dependency with QMP design changes.
>>>
>>> These patches [1] also stuck changes in libvirt/vdsm. It will be
>>> really helpful for us, if someone can suggest what can be done to
>>> accept this patches as early as possible.
>>>
>>> Many thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> [1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2016-03/msg06324.html
>>

>> Hi Prasanna,
>>
>> The last I know, as of v15 / v16, is that the libvirt team (Eric Blake)
>> still has outstanding concerns on the QAPI interface.
>>
>> Eric, are your concerns regarding the API for this series still outstanding,
>> or is this something you'd be comfortable supporting in libvirt with the
>> current proposed interface?
>
> I've currently posted all patches in my working tree, but review says I
> need another round of review before it gets merged:
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2016-05/msg03569.html
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2016-06/msg03900.html
>
> I'm also one or two patches shy of being able to use one union type as
> the branch of another flat union type, where I still have to write the
> patch, but it should be easy on top of the qapi patches that have landed
> so far.
>
> I also know that we want to get NBD converted for blockdev-add at the
> same time, and that NBD, gluster, sheepdog, and other network-based
> devices will share similar issues, so on my plate is to review this series:
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2016-04/msg01048.html
>
> Can you please point me to the last proposal for gluster, and/or repost
> any series you have for proposing the idea?  I want to help get working
> blockdev-add into 2.7 if at all possible.

Eric, here are the series of patches that are posted from my side for
the very last time (2-3 months old).
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2016-03/msg06324.html
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2016-03/msg06326.html
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2016-03/msg06325.html
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2016-03/msg06327.html
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2016-03/msg06328.html

I expect that they face merge conflicts on latest master, I'll re-base
them and send sometime today.

Thanks,
--
Prasanna