qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-ppc] [PULL 05/23] ppc: Enforce setting MSR:EE, IR

From: Mark Cave-Ayland
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-ppc] [PULL 05/23] ppc: Enforce setting MSR:EE, IR and DR when MSR:PR is set
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 08:02:33 +0100

On 11/07/16 04:09, Alfonso Gamboa wrote:

> I removed OpenTransport and other extensions and control panels as well as
> patched the System Suitcase on some of those iso's on the emaculation.com
> forum. They are not stock images.  Perhaps we still need further work.   As
> far as 9.0.4 booting,  I have never succeeded in booting that,  awesome!

Quickly browsing through mails this morning, you should be able to
boot/install unmodified OS 9 ISOs with David's ppc-for-2.7 branch and a
slightly modified OpenBIOS. Note that the DBDMA code simply reports back
to OpenTransport that nothing is connected to the ESCC port, so it's not
as if you'll be able to run LocalTalk over emulated serial ports yet.
But it should be enough for people to test with OS 9 LAN drivers.

> Mark: do you have a link to the latest working openbios-ppc?

https://www.ilande.co.uk/tmp/openbios/openbios-ppc

ATB,

Mark.