qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [PULL 0/6] ppc-for-2.7 queue 20160729

From: David Gibson
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 0/6] ppc-for-2.7 queue 20160729
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 14:53:38 +1000

The following changes since commit 21a21b853a1bb606358af61e738abfb9aecbd720:

  Merge remote-tracking branch 'remotes/ehabkost/tags/x86-pull-request' into
staging (2016-07-27 18:18:21 +0100)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://github.com/dgibson/qemu.git tags/ppc-for-2.7-20160729

for you to fetch changes up to 059ce0f00af0124740bcb9991d160f93c92ae174:

  tests: add drive_del-test to ppc/ppc64 (2016-07-29 14:14:15 +1000)

ppc patch queue 2016-07-29

Here are the current pending ppc and spapr related patches for
qemu-2.7.  Given the freeze status, these are all bugfixes, with two
exceptions:

  * There's some final rework of the vcpu hotplug model.  Specifically
    we add spapr specific code on the generic basis Igor established
    to make cpu_index stable for pseries-2.7 and later machine types.
      - This allows us to remove the limitation that cpu cores had to
        be inserted in linear order, and removed in LIFO order.
      - This is worth merging this late in 2.7 because it will avoid
        considerable future grief with management layers needing to
        discover whether out-of-order hotplug is possible, amongst
        other things.
      - For now we do add a constraint that the initial cpu cannot be
        unplugged.
  * We add two extra testcases to make check, for postcopy and
    drive_del on ppc64.
      - Not strictly bugfixes, but safe, because they don't affect the
        actual code, and increase test coverage.

Benjamin Herrenschmidt (1):
      ppc: Fix fault PC reporting for lve*/stve* VMX instructions

Bharata B Rao (1):
      spapr: Prevent boot CPU core removal

David Gibson (1):
      Revert "spapr: Ensure CPU cores are added contiguously and removed in
LIFO order"

Igor Mammedov (1):
      spapr: init CPUState->cpu_index with index relative to core-id

Laurent Vivier (1):
      tests: add drive_del-test to ppc/ppc64

address@hidden (1):
      test: port postcopy test to ppc64