qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Shutting down x86 QEMU with ACPI from Userspace

From: Jason A. Donenfeld
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Shutting down x86 QEMU with ACPI from Userspace
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 18:58:13 +0200

Hi all,

This took a lot of fiddling, so I figured I'd document my findings
here in case it helps anybody else. If you don't want to have
CONFIG_ACPI in your kernel, but still would like to shutdown QEMU, the
following works for the q35 machine type:

    ioperm(0x604, 2, 1);
    outw(1 << 13, 0x604);

Fortunately it's quite simple in the end. This should save folks a lot
of future ACPI trudging for something so simple.

Enjoy,
Jason