qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] errno 13, fopen qemu trace file.

From: Daniel P. Berrange
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] errno 13, fopen qemu trace file.
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 14:35:09 +0100

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 01:31:19PM +0000, Nir Levy wrote:
> Daniel, Thanks for your response.
>
> But I have succeeded using simpletrace when building libvirt from source file
> into some/other/dir/install

I can only assume you built libvirt so that qemu runs as root,
instead of an unprivileged user account, and/or have not enabled
selinux for libvirt.

> I am using Fedora22 which does not support lttng.
> at the mather of fact I have installed lttng before and build the kernel
> modules (2.6.0) still no trace generated.
> Michael Jeanson is working for supplying modules (2.8.0) for the next fedora
> (25)
> fedora 23 and 24 do support systemtap but not over 22 on my kernel 4.2.8
> (which we stick to in Asocs due to known performance degradation in later
> releases)

systemtap is supported in all Fedora releases - if there's any
problems do file bugs against it, as its expected to work as
it is the supported tracing mechanism for Fedora with qemu and
libvirt.

Regards,
Daniel