qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] travis builds: failing because of duff data in ccache cache

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: [Qemu-devel] travis builds: failing because of duff data in ccache cache?
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 18:10:15 +0100

Hi; since commit 4b887ae travis builds have been persistently
failing on one particular config with the error:
exec.o: could not read symbols: File truncated
trying to link the mipsn32-linux-user binary.

My theory is that the problem here is that:
 * for one build, the build host ran out of disk space or otherwise
   hiccupped, resulting in a truncated .o file
 * since travis saves the ccache cache across builds, the truncated .o
   file has persisted and now every build is going to fail the same
   way (until something gets committed that results in exec.c or one
   of its included headers changing)

It looks like there's a way to manually clear the cache, so that
seems like a good first step to see if it fixes things:
https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/caching/#Clearing-Caches

Could somebody with admin access to our travis config try this, please?

thanks
-- PMM