qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] virtio ssd caching

From: Aarian P. Aleahmad
Subject: [Qemu-devel] virtio ssd caching
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 12:44:39 +0430

Hi there

I am looking for a solution to cache a VM on a SSD without the guest
knowing about it. We can do it by caching the disk on which the VM's disk
is lcoated with a SSD or we can do it through the hypervisor (i.e. Qemu,
KVM, etc.).

I was thinking about passing an ssd device to the hypervisor as a cache
disk (e.g. passing /dev/sdb to the hypervisor) or making a new virtual disk
image and storing it on a SSD and passing the SSD located vDisk to the
hypervisor as a cache.

Thus, I would like to know whether is it possible or not, and if not, if I
wish to implement such a thing, what should I do and whether is there any
reusable code to do so or not?

Thanks