qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] add gcc compiler version to the browsable output in pat

From: Fam Zheng
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] add gcc compiler version to the browsable output in patchew?
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2016 09:48:19 +0800

On Wed, 09/07 16:27, Claudio Fontana wrote:

> Hi,
>
> it would be useful I think to know exactly which gcc version is running in
> patchew,
> it can help when trying to reproduce a problem which does not seem to trigger
> locally.

Hi,

I have a work in progress series for QEMU to include the gcc version and other
env info in the patchew report. It is at QEMU side because the actual build
tests that patchew runs are actually QEMU "docker tests":

http://wiki.qemu.org/DockerBuild

The commands are also described in the patchew email too.

So even before we have the env info patch, you can already figure out all the
information and even reproduce it on a host that has Docker, with a little bit
of effort.  (The intention of having docker tests in QEMU tree is to make
patchew failures reproducible to every contributor.)

The reproducer would be as simple as

    make -C $MY_QEMU_DEV_REPO V=1 \
        address@hidden address@hidden

which covers the current two docker build targets we do on patchew.

Back to your question, the gcc versions of the involved docker builds are:

    address@hidden:~$ sudo docker run -ti --rm qemu:centos6 gcc --version
    gcc (GCC) 4.4.7 20120313 (Red Hat 4.4.7-17)

    address@hidden:~$ sudo docker run -ti --rm qemu:fedora gcc --version
    gcc (GCC) 5.3.1 20160406 (Red Hat 5.3.1-6)

Fam