qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Migration dirty bitmap: should only mark pages as dirty

From: Chunguang Li
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Migration dirty bitmap: should only mark pages as dirty after they have been sent
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 20:28:49 +0800 (GMT+08:00)

I have read a little about the page-modification-logging. I think
it is only a more efficient way for dirty logging with better performance,
compared with write protection, but will not solve the problem we are
talking about.

The only idea to handle this, which I have come up with so far,
is to split the sync into smaller chunks that you have mentioned.
Maybe I can start from this idea to try to fix it.

If you come up with some other idea or suggestion, please let me know.
Thank you~

Chunguang

--
Chunguang Li, Ph.D. Candidate
Wuhan National Laboratory for Optoelectronics (WNLO)