qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-block] block/ssh:Allow blockdev-add for ssh

From: Ashijeet Acharya
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-block] block/ssh:Allow blockdev-add for ssh
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 19:37:20 +0530

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 5:29 PM, Richard W.M. Jones <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 01:36:35PM +0200, Kevin Wolf wrote:
>> But the ssh client doesn't seem to support connection to that Unix domain
>> socket, even if it would be possible to support in theory. And probably
>> none of the SSH libraries that we consider to use support it either (but
>> I haven't checked that).
>
> So I checked this.  libssh2 (which is the one we're using) does
> not appear to support AF_UNIX for the ssh connection.
>
> We should most likely change over the libssh which is a better
> library.  That library does in fact support AF_UNIX connections
> through the ssh_socket_unix API, although that's of dubious utility
> considering that almost no one runs an sshd listening on a Unix domain
> socket.

I think that compared to SSH, 'GlusterServer' would be a better
candidate to use 'SocketAddress' rather than using 'InetSocketAddress'
and 'UnixSocketAddress' separately for tcp and Unix sockets
respectively AFAIK.

Also as Richard said, I don't think anyone would use SSH over a Unix
and go though the whole tunneling mechanism which Daniel described and
maybe just simply use tcp directly (right?). So using
'InetSocketAddress' should actually do the job here.

Other than that I also asked if I have accidentally missed any other
important field regarding the structure 'BlockdevOptionsSsh' I
described in the previous mail (I will post it here again for
convenience)

{ 'struct': 'BlockdevOptionsSsh',
  'data': { 'tcp': 'InetSocketAddress',
             'path': 'str' } }

It will be better if I know it beforehand and build up the patch based
on the suggestions.

Ashijeet