qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/18] Block layer patches

From: John Snow
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/18] Block layer patches
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 14:19:22 -0400

On 09/29/2016 01:18 PM, Peter Maydell wrote:
On 29 September 2016 at 03:25, Kevin Wolf <address@hidden> wrote:
The series contains a patch that reduces the coroutine stack size, so I
guess it's not quite infinite, but pretty deep recursion anyway. I will
drop that final patch that reduces the stack size and hope that the rest
will pass your testing (I tried some more to reproduce it, but I still
didn't manage to).

Ah, I see. I suspect the clang build (since it has the sanitizer
enabled) is a worst-case for stack usage.

Is it possible for a guest to issue a sufficiently large
request that it blows the stack, or is that capped
somehow?

thanks
-- PMM

If the qtest can blow the stack, so can a guest. In practice it does not happen that guests send requests so large, but mum's the word on a naughty guest.

--js