qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Getting Started with Outreachy (Was: (no subject))

From: John Snow
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Getting Started with Outreachy (Was: (no subject))
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2016 13:42:51 -0400

Please actually write a subject!

On 10/02/2016 02:47 AM, Shreya Shrivastava wrote:
HI ,

I am interested in applying for Outreachy 2016 December- March round by
contributing to  VIRTIO 1.0 support in libqos project for Qemu.

Kindly let me know how to get started with this project.

Shreya Shrivastava

Hi Shreya,

As far as I understand it, the Outreachy project either has or had a requirement that you contribute at least one small patch as part of the application process.

We've got a list of tiny things people can do called Bite Sized Tasks: http://qemu-project.org/BiteSizedTasks These are often good first stops for Outreachy/GSoC candidates.

Some of those ideas may have been implemented already or are at least "in progress," so we usually recommend people take a look at the devel archives and make sure nobody else is working on them: https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/

From there, take a look at our previous Outreachy project list: http://wiki.qemu.org/Outreachy_2015_MayAugust Some of the projects listed here may have not been attempted and may still be available for future applicants if the mentors are still willing.

You are also always welcome to dream up your own ideas and propose them.

Stefan may have additional information more relevant to this Outreachy "season."

Good luck,
--js