qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [libvirt] inconsistent handling of "qemu64" CPU model

From: Divan Santana
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [libvirt] inconsistent handling of "qemu64" CPU model
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2016 23:05:22 +0200

> In your case, you should be able to use
>
>     <cpu mode'custom' match='exact'>
>         <model>qemu64</model>
>         <feature name='svm' policy='disable'/>
>     </cpu>
>
> to get the same CPU model you'd get by default (if not, you may need to
> also add <feature name='vmx' policy='require'/>).
>
> Alternatively
>
>     <cpu mode'custom' match='exact'>
>         <model>qemu64</model>
>         <feature name='svm' policy='force'/>
>     </cpu>
>
> should work too (and it would be better in case you use it on an AMD
> host).

Does anyone know how one can one make the above the default behavior on
a system, using libvirt?

The reason, is that I make use on some vagrant boxes, which have this
issue. I understand that the boxes have incorrectly configured and
hence I have this issue.

I'd prefer to set the above as default on my system, rather then editing
all the vagrant boxes I'm using