qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] is there a way to optimize vhost of virtio-net

From: yue
Subject: [Qemu-devel] is there a way to optimize vhost of virtio-net
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 23:39:40 +0800 (CST)

hi, jasowang:
     according to my test , the vm's network performance is just 20% of
physical ethernet, the thread of vhost  easily eat up 100% cpu when under
pressure.
when using multi queue(two queues) the performance goes up by 50%, but it uses
more threads.
if we can come to a conclusion that vhost is bottomneck?  or do you have any
idea to improve , first we do not need to care how  violent  the idea   is.

thanks