qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-stable] [Qemu-ppc] [PULL 0/4] ppc patches for qem

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-stable] [Qemu-ppc] [PULL 0/4] ppc patches for qemu-2.7 stable branch
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 19:45:21 +0100

On 17 October 2016 at 19:13, Michael Roth <address@hidden> wrote:
> We could do both though: use some ad-hoc way to tag for a particular
> sub-maintainer tree/stable branch, as well as an explicit "not for
> master" in the cover letter ensure it doesn't go into master. It's a bit
> more redundant, but flexible in that people can use whatever tagging
> format they want for a particular tree.

Yes, that would be my preference. Gmail's filtering is not
very good, and it doesn't seem to be able to support
multiple or complex matches on the subject line, but
it can deal with "doesn't include foo in body".
People who actively want to look for stuff not to go
into master can filter it however they like.

thanks
-- PMM