qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] my attempt at new QEMU website

From: Alexander Graf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] my attempt at new QEMU website
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 13:36:47 +0200

On 19/10/2016 13:02, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 12:53:55PM +0200, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> another small PSA. :)  I have created a small but hopefully useful
>> example of a new QEMU website at http://qemu-bonzini.rhcloud.com/.  The
>> site aims at providing and also a home for blog posts about QEMU.
>>
>> The site resides in a single git tree, so that requests to modify the
>> pages (and even blog posts :)) can be posted to qemu-devel as usual.
>>
>> The blog post in there is dummy, and the "blog" link will be removed
>> from navigation until there's a first post, if the site goes online.
>>
>> The site is designed to live together with the wiki and provide a
>> migration path for qemu-project.org, from the wiki to a standalone
>> website.  For example:
>>
>> - http://qemu-bonzini.rhcloud.com/Download redirects to the new page
>> http://qemu-bonzini.rhcloud.com/download
>>
>> - http://qemu-bonzini.rhcloud.com/BiteSizedTasks redirects to the wiki
>> page http://wiki.qemu-project.org/BiteSizedTasks
>>
>> - http://qemu-bonzini.rhcloud.com/foobar is a 404 page
>>
>> Impressions, ideas and lart-ing for my feeble attempts at Javascript
>> (now I understand why people are so keen on stackoverflow!) and graphic
>> design are welcome.  (Yes, the icons in the homepage are not definitive).
>
> My main question is about the styling + logo. We have a logo for QEMU,
> but neither the old website nor your new website use it.
>
>    http://wiki.qemu.org/Logo
>
> It has a quite distinct black + orange colourscheme, which IMHO doesn't
> fit with the greenish colour scheme you've used here.
>
> Do we still like that logo ? If so, we should use it, and align the
> website colour scheme with that logo colourscheme, so we have a consistent
> brand style.

I agree. I also wouldn't mind something more imageful for the top
banner. I'm sure you can assemble something out of this amazing photo
which I happily license under whatever CC works for the web page:

  https://www.dropbox.com/s/nx2t4r4rrgu1yf5/P1160725.jpg?dl=0

Also, SUSE is spelled "SUSE" for - uh - 10 years I think now :). Also,
the command line to install qemu is:

  zypper install qemu

as you would expect ;)

But I like it so far - it's a really good start!

Alex