qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] external usb flash drive support on qemu virtualization

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] external usb flash drive support on qemu virtualization
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 09:09:48 +0100

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 6:47 AM, Kumar Girish
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Thank you for info. May I know how to goto qemu monitor from command line.

The command-line you posted says:
-qmp tcp:127.0.0.1:11364,server,nowait

Since you have this option I guess you already have some way of
sending commands to the QMP monitor that is listening on port 11364.

QMP commands are documented in the qapi-schema.json file:
##
# @device_add:
#
# @driver: the name of the new device's driver
#
# @bus: #optional the device's parent bus (device tree path)
#
# @id: the device's ID, must be unique
#
# Additional arguments depend on the type.
#
# Add a device.
#
# Notes:
# 1. For detailed information about this command, please refer to the
#    'docs/qdev-device-use.txt' file.
#
# 2. It's possible to list device properties by running QEMU with the
#    "-device DEVICE,help" command-line argument, where DEVICE is the
#    device's name
#
# Example:
#
# -> { "execute": "device_add",
#      "arguments": { "driver": "e1000", "id": "net1",
#                     "bus": "pci.0",
#                     "mac": "52:54:00:12:34:56" } }
# <- { "return": {} }
#
# TODO This command effectively bypasses QAPI completely due to its
# "additional arguments" business.  It shouldn't have been added to
# the schema in this form.  It should be qapified properly, or
# replaced by a properly qapified command.
#
# Since: 0.13
##
{ 'command': 'device_add',
  'data': {'driver': 'str', 'id': 'str'},
  'gen': false } # so we can get the additional arguments

Stefan