qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] macOS 10.12 Sierra, Xcode 8 & clock_gettime()

From: Liviu Ionescu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] macOS 10.12 Sierra, Xcode 8 & clock_gettime()
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 18:15:02 +0300

> On 26 Oct 2016, at 17:32, G 3 <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Maybe changing the base SDK from Mac OS 10.12 to say Mac OS 10.6 might fix
> the problem.

any suggestion how to do this?

for my linux and windows builds I use docker images, and I'm quite happy with
this setup, it is stable and I get the same results regardless the environment
I use to run the builds.

unfortunately, for macOS, my development platform, I do not have a stable,
fully controllable, build platform, and each time Apple updates the system I
run into problems.

currently deep inside Xcode 8 is OSX 10.12 SDK only, and I do not know how to
install other versions.

I'm considering a custom homebrew install, with all specific tools, but, as far
as I know, this will not completely severe the links to the system libraries.

so any suggestions on how to stick to a specific base SDK will be highly
appreciated.

regards,

Liviu