qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 30/47] acpi nvdimm: fix device physical address b

From: Xiao Guangrong
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 30/47] acpi nvdimm: fix device physical address base
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 17:23:31 +0800

On 10/31/2016 05:20 PM, Igor Mammedov wrote:
On Sun, 30 Oct 2016 23:24:46 +0200

From: Xiao Guangrong <address@hidden>

According to ACPI 6.0  spec, "Memory Device Physical Address
Region Base" in memdev is defined as "This field provides the
Device Physical Address base of the region". This field should
be zero in our case
I'm not sure that it should be a zero,
care to point source which tells that it should be zero?

The spec says that this is the Device Physical Address, so that
it is the device internal address, it should be zero as we do not
reserve any thing in device internal and we do not have no memory
interleave.

Actually, this bug was exported when we were enabling nvdimm in
windows guest.