qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] AppleSMC location

From: Greg Hazel
Subject: [Qemu-devel] AppleSMC location
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 16:05:08 -0700

Hi,

An OS X guest (which works on q35) hangs during boot on i440fx. This error
appears on the console: “SMC::smcInitEventSources ERROR: failed to create
fInterruptSource”

This used to work in QEMU 2.2, but broke in 2.3. I narrowed it down to this
commit: http://git.qemu.org/?p=qemu.git;a=commitdiff;h=8ac6f7a6
<http://git.qemu.org/?p=qemu.git;a=commitdiff;h=8ac6f7a6> Reverting that allows
i440fx to boot OS X again (confirmed on 2.3 through 2.5 — I don’t know how to
revert the commit effectively on 2.6).

Anyone have insight into why moving the SMC to SSDT might have caused that?

-Greg