qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] virtIO question

From: jitendra kumar khasdev
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] virtIO question
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2016 20:16:06 +0530

Hi All,

I am also exploring virtio implementation in qemu, I try to understand
virtio in linux(guest) and qemu, but I am not able to understand I/O stack
between linux to qemu.

here is what I find difficulty in understanding the code,

1. Qemu virtio datastructures are not so clear.
2. I didn't find any sort high level design with respective qemu for virtIO.
3. How qemu virtIO and linux virtIO does shared memoru communication.

I will deeply thankful, if somebody help me to kick start this because I am
really willing to work on virtIO. I am hoping somebody in community will
help to give me some direction to achive the goal.

----
Jitendra