qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Query regarding qemu dirty bitmap

From: Sanjay Kumar
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Query regarding qemu dirty bitmap
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2016 21:29:47 -0400

Hi John,

Greetings. Hope you have wonderful weekend.

This is Sanjay Kumar working on a backup and restore solution for KVM.

The QEMU dirty bitmap QMPs support are awesome.

I have below queries in regard to that.

1. How to integrate these QMPs for external backup application.
         a) Is there any command to get the list of all the dirty blocks?
         b) We just want list of dirty blocks, how to get those during
migration?

2. How to create just dirty bitmap on a file? I don't need data and want to
avoid COW.

3. Is there any plan to add query-block-dirty-bitmap command? If yes, then
in which version it is coming?

Please reply. Many thanks in advance.

With best regards,
Sanjay Kumar