qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] alpha platform is missing files after initrd load

From: Dennis Luehring
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] alpha platform is missing files after initrd load
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2016 08:35:32 +0100

Am 04.11.2016 um 20:40 schrieb Laszlo Ersek:
I guess it is "possible to design a system which can recover from this", except noone
seems to have bothered, since 2009. (Ditto for the proposed "panic-level=X" alternative.)

I've now briefly considered posting a trivial kernel patch for this, but having
learned about the above commit, I don't think so...

i tried to get some response on the linux-kernel or initramfs mailinglist 1-2 weeks ago but no one seems to care

but i still think it would help alot to if some more known developers would get involved and send in a patch for this - if only for starting a discussion about the

situation